[SCCC] Ham-Radio-Specific Search Engine

Wolf Leverich, WA6I leverich at mtpinos.com
Wed Jan 30 22:59:45 EST 2019

Hi all -

I had The Mother of All Contest Hangovers after the end of the International
Grid Chase (8th in California, 238th worldwide) and, as I'm wont to do when
I'm burnt out on contesting ...

I learned something new and then built a project.

The "learning something new" this time was the Nutch web crawler and the Solr
text indexer.

The thing I built was a ham-radio-specific search engine, because I'd gotten
sick of not being able to find stuff with Google that I *knew* was out there.

If you want to play with my recovery crutch, it's at:

	http://www.hamferret.com/

It's still pretty rough, and I know that.

Anyway, having managed to miss the January contests, I'm about ready to start
racking up some BIC time again.

73 de WA6I (Wolf)