[SCCC] N1MM+ Update Error

Steve k0xp at k0xp.com
Wed Jun 12 14:42:42 EDT 2019

At 11:14 AM 6/12/2019, Bruce Horn wrote:
>Have you been keeping up with N1MM+ upgrades? The only thing I can
>think of is that N1MM+ changed to a new server/URL recently.

Yes, indeed, that is precisely what happened: I forget which version
last updated automatically, but then they changed the web site and
forgot to update the program to go to the new web site.

Today, if you're still using one of the older versions that gives
that error message, you have to go to the N1MM+ website itself and
then purposely choose the latest version, which has been updated with
the new web site. Actually, if you peruse the log of versions, you'll
find the precise version where this got broken, and it was the
version immediately following the version I was using. I ignored the
error message for a week or so but finally, when attempting to load
the latest version and files in preparation for the GACW contest, I
decided to fix the problem. I tried clicking on "Check for New
Program Version and Install" and that led to another message on some
web site that I needed to manually choose and download the latest
version because the older "new" versions had the old, obsolete web
site embedded within them. I did so and hey el Presto: it updated
just fine, and I've since downloaded several more updates (these
days, they all seem concerned with ft8 which I do not, and never
will, use unless I get tired of watching dripping paint dry... or the
grass is growing superfast, whichever comes first). So the latest
versions really haven't done anything really worthwhile (unless you
have an Icom 7610, whereupon they'll fix several problems with
displaying the second spectrum waterfall, too).

SteveH, K0XP