[SCCC] W6YA WPX Checklog

Jim McCook w6ya at cox.net
Mon May 27 08:41:13 EDT 2019

Reposted....

Call: W6YA
Operator: CHECKLOG
Station: W6YA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California

------------
   160:
    80:
    40:  135
    20:  286
    15:   32
    10:    1
------------

For me WPX is a part time DX only contest.  It was a big surprise to see
good conditions on 40 and 20, since solar flux was only 66 and sunspot
number was 0.  20 was open to Europe all day Saturday and Sunday, as
well as several hours on Friday evening at the beginning of the contest.
Only a few Eastern Europeans, JA, SAm and NW African stations were worked
on 15.  It becomes obvious that conditions are better than we think,
since most daily activity must be on ft8, for which I have no interest.**