[SCCC] CQ WPX CW -- Asian DX -- N6MI editorial

J. Scott Bovitz bovitz at bovitz.com
Thu May 30 13:49:03 EDT 2019

I was honored to join AF6O for the CQ WPX CW at AF6O's high desert station.
We worked 1,662 stations for a raw score of 2,264,870.

20 meters was the money band, with 1,086 QSOs. We also worked 339 QSOs on 40
meters and 171 QSOs on 15 meters.

I agree with an earlier observation that some deep Asian DX stations have
trouble hearing U.S. stations. I suspect that this is related to local QRN.
But there was plenty of DX to work throughout the entire contest. Is there
really any reason to complain about those DX stations? No, of course not.

Thank you, everyone, for a fun time.

73,

N6MI