[SCCC] N6AN QRP CQWW CW

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:41:26 EST 2019

Sorry about the busted link.

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW<https://3830scores.com/listeditions.php?arg=kRcfydz1mfqfo>   2019   Nov 23   Claimed Score<https://3830scores.com/editionscores.php?arg=kRcfydz1mfqfo>

Click on a call below for a list of all the contests for which that call sign is listed as an operator. Click on the [email] link to send an e-mail to the contester who posted the claimed score.

Call: N6AN<https://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=N6AN>
Operator(s): N6AN<https://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=N6AN>
Station: N6AN

Class: SOSB20 QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 5:20
Location: USA

Band    QSOs    Zones   Countries
160:
80:
40:
20:     48      15      22
15:     2       2       2
10:
Total:  48      15      22      Total Score     4,070

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:     [email]<mailto:n6an%40arrl.net>     2019-11-25 07:02:46
A last minute portable operation Sunday from the campus of Caltech. I threw together a 20 meter half square erected at 20\' with two fiber glass poles hanging in trees. It worked! My first QSO was at 1842Z. Best DX was XP2I, EF2X, and 6V7A. Heard but not worked were 5T0AA (working split), D4C, VO2NS and VY0ERC, AH2R, 7A2A, VR2XAN, BY1CW and other BYs plus HC and LU It was a nice day to be outside. I even got to explain ham radio and the BIG contest to a few passersby. I used a KX3 @5 watts, an external paddle, pen and paper logging on a clipboard. On Saturday morning I drove one hour into the San Gabriel mountains to operate from Mt Lewis where there is a several thousand foot drop off to the north and east. On arrival the temperature was in the 30s, there were several inches of fresh snow, the steep trail was more than I could manage without crampons, and I forgot sun screen. My frustration was eased by the beautiful snowy landscapes. Thanks to all for digging out my pw signal. It was great to be part of the action. 73, David N6AN