[SCCC] W6TK - CQP

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 19:12:27 EDT 2019

California QSO Party - 2019
Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK
Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5
  160:
   80:   83      0
   40:  221     24
   20:  381    720
   15:   64      6
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Comments:  Quite the experience this year!  Finished modification and
re-installation to 4 Ele SteppIR on Friday.  Using
a borrowed Amp - thanks to John, KF6I, (he is repairing my Alpha 87A). So
began contest and all was going well - until
about 1400(L - on Sat) when the borrowed amp gave up the ghost.  My friend,
W6SL, loaned me an Ameritrom AL-811 - less power
but kept me on the air.  I was kind of bummed so went to bed about 2100(L)
Sat night with 57/58 mults. Couldn't find the ellusive VE4????
Back in seat Sunday morning at 0530(L) with a better attitude and decided
to go for it as best I could.  Ended up at 18.5 hrs BIC and
217K points - smallest score and least time in seat since 1998.  So
probably won't be in top 20 this year BUT two bright spots: I did get the
 sweep - it came with a VE4(finally) on Sunday afternoon about 1300(L) AND
now have a modified 4 elem SteppIR which resembles a
DB36!!!😉😉    73's and hopefully more to come.    Dick - W6TK