[SCCC] CQWW SSB NE6I SO(A)SB10 LP

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Sun Oct 27 19:53:17 EDT 2019

Call: NE6I
Operator(s): NE6I
Station: NE6I

Class: SO(A)SB10 LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:    6     5        6
------------------------------
Total:   6     5        6  Total Score = 187

Surprised to see 10m open at all this weekend! I didn't intend to get into
the contest at all (SFI 69, A index 29, K index 3, sheesh!) but when I saw
VP6R spotted on 10 and easily worked him barefoot on the first call, I went
ahead and worked all the others I could hear and decided to enter as single
band 10m for the heckuvit. The band opened again Sunday at about 2000Z, with
a KH6 the first to break the silence. Unfortunately, there was heavy QSB and
he never copied my full call. And I had already worked the others I heard on
Sunday. But hey, I didn't intend to get on and didn't expect 10 to be open
at all, so I'll call it a fun time even with the super low score!