[SCCC] Plans for September VHF Contest this Weekend?

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:17:54 EDT 2019

The VHF contest begins at 1800z this Saturday.  I plan to be out as a rover in our local 4 grids, and I would appreciate any and all contacts.

I will be on the 4 low bands - 6m, 2m, 222 (FM only) and 440.   My preference would be SSB contacts, but I will also be on FT8 on 6 and 2 (50.313 and 144.174)
Based on the last contest, FT4 does not seem like it will be used.

If it is open, I hope to be on Keller Peak in the San Bernardino mts at the start of the contest.  From there I will probably go to Signal Peak in Newport, then
Signal Hill.   Probably will do Glendale for DM04 on Sunday.

I will have APRS turned on, so you can track me on www.aprs.fi

Hope to see you on the air!   Even just a QSO or 2 through the day helps!

Tnx & 73,

Tim N6GP/R