[SCCC] FT Roundup 2020

Larry Shapiro lashap at cox.net
Tue Dec 8 12:10:31 EST 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Location: USA

      Band QSOs
      80: 46
      40: 66
      20: 185
      15: 57
      10:
      Total: 354 State/Prov 52 Countries 22 Total Score 26,196

Club: Southern California Contest Club

      Comments:     [email]     2020-12-08 06:32:13
      Did not know there was a contest going on until I called a PJ4 who was CQing on FT8..when he asked for a different report than my grid, I figured it out. I went to WA7BNM to see what contest was on,and then read the rules. I quickly put WSJT-x into contest mode, and started making Q’s .WSJT only does a Cabrillo Log, so no dupe checking,mults or scoring. I mainly called CQ so I wouldn’t waste guy’s time duping them. I had lots of paperwork to do in my shack on Saturday,so why not do a contest between filing papers. Got up Sunday and made more Q’s before taking a 4 hour break to play tennis..probably missed at least 100 q’s there. I had a good time in this contest ,and look forward to spending the whole 24 hours doing it next time. Made as many FT4 Q’s as I could before there were none more to be had,and then switched to FT8. Many times 15m was very busy on FT8,and nobody on the much faster FT4 mode..why ? Next time I need to be prepared with N1MM linked to WSJT ..that should speed things up quite a bit,and no duping guys by accident. Not sure how to import my Cabrillo Log into N1MM to see my exact score, so I did it the old way with a pencil. Thanks for all the q’s..Larry K6ro

      K3S,  JK Navassa 2 elements on 15 and 20 at 41 feet. End fed long wire at 10 feet for 40 and 80m. WSJT-x