[SCCC] NC6Q NAQP CW

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 21:07:01 EST 2020

Points:        7,620
.
Comments:
.
Rig FT-1000
N1MM+, WinKeyer USB
Attic dipole antennas (HOA)
.
All S&C (scrape and claw). Boy, the middle of the afternoon was brual! High
noise, weak signals. For me, 20m died about 4-4:30 pm. I was waiting for a
gray line boost. Didn't come.
.
Yes, 15 meters was nice in the beginning--like ham radio should be! I was
surprised I was able to load up all my attic dipoles (plus house wiring and
an a.c./heating unit) on 160 meters! I figure, for a couple dits and dahs
nothing was going to burn up! Or blow up! But, it actually tuned to a low
SWR and I made a couple Qs! Couldn't hear worth a darn, though. I got
desperate when I only heard dupes on 80m at the time.
.
I even qualified for the Worked All SCCC Teams Award (including my own
team)! Nice contest with names. I wonder what's the longest name anyone put
out there. I did copy a CHARLIE (7 letters) and a GEORGE (6). I don't think
I worked one YL. I don't think. I have in the past.
.
73,
Bob NC6Q