[SCCC] ARRL VHF Contest January 2020 - NE6I

Gary Morris garino1 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 20 13:00:43 EST 2020

The 6m opening was a real surprise on Saturday.  I had 25 contacts including Texas, Idaho, Seattle on 6m FT8, in about 2.5 hours.

I had equipment trouble with the 2m and 440 antennas and so operated only 6m FT8.  Antenna was a 6m moxon at 15', with a Yaesu ft857 @50w, and my Armstrong Mk I rotator.

We were camped on top of Egg Mt in Anza Borrego Desert (DM12vu).  I wish I had had more time as the FT8 waterfall was packed but we were in the middle of a desert camping trip and had plans to explore a couple of slot canyons.

If you search for Egg Mountain on maps.google.com you can see a 360 photo view that I posted showing our truck/camper and antennas.

Gary N6DM