[SCCC] K0XP, SOLP, CQ 160M CW 2020

Steve k0xp at k0xp.com
Sun Jan 26 18:10:20 EST 2020

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:52

Total:  QSOs = 316  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 18  Total Score = 55,275

What, did Connecticut secede from the Union already?? Didn't hear
even one of them, as well as the expected-to-be-missing NE, ND, and
RI; there were at least a dozen Mainers, however! The ONE MN station
I heard flatly refused to answer me; I must have stomped on his toes
in some pileup at some time. A major surprise was when the band
suddenly opened to Europe and Africa from the west coast after 07Z
Saturday night; G3TXF was louder than I've ever heard him even on 80
or 40. A very pleasant surprise was working JT5DX on my first call.
In fact, I worked a lot of schtuff on a single call that made me
wonder whether I actually had a fullsized vertical instead of the
49-foot sloping wire in a pine tree and barefoot FT991A that I was
actually using.