[SCCC] Plans for CQ VHF This weekend?

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:31:09 EDT 2020

I hope to rove from 5 grids this weekend for the CQ VHF, which begins at 11AM Saturday.
This is the easy peasy contest.  Just 2 and 6 meters.  Its fun!

My plans aren't finalized, but I think I will start out in Del Mar Heights in DM12, then DM13
and DM03, maybe DM04 in early evening.  Yet again, I hope to make it to Keller Peak for DM14,
if it is open on Sunday.   With inside dining closed, bathrooms are problematic for roving this time.

Track my progress on APRS, and I will be N6GP-10.

I hope we can continue the great amount of 2 meter FM activity, like we had for June VHF and Field Day.   Spread the
word, and lets keep the momentum going!

I will again try to use FT8 sparingly just for distant grids.  On 6m I will be on SSB most of the time.

There are some rule differences in the CQ Contest.  Keep these in mind:

No use of 146.52 simplex. use .49, .55 and .58

No self spotting!  You can look at spots.

Remember this contest ends at 2100z Sunday (2PM) !

Hope to see you on the air!

73,
Tim N6GP/R