[SCCC] Calif QSO Party N6GP Single HP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:47:10 EDT 2020

                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: N6GP
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: ORAN

  160:
   80:  147     22
   40:  275     32
   20:  348     31
   15:   57      5
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  827     90  Mults = 56  Total Score = 149,184

Club: OCARC

Comments:

Great amount of activity, and from the looks of it, a record number of logs will
be submitted.   Normally I am out with the Orange Co ARC doing antennas in the
park during the first few hours of the contest.  At home this year, I remembered
how important those hours are.  A QSO a minute for the first 2 hours.  I had a
very low goal of 512 QSOs for Diamond status in the State QSO Party challenge.
Blew through that late Saturday night.  Didn't find out until too late that my
personal best was 900 Qs in 2014.  Some year I will submit a 1000 QSO log when
more bands are open.  My motivation this year was to help the Orange County ARC
club score.
Used my SDRPlay to keep tabs on 15m while I was on 20.  Was only 1/2 way open
Saturday and 3/4 open on Sunday.  Thankfully I had gotten my 40m inv vee 40 feet
up in my palm tree with 5 minutes to spare in the contest.  It had been down for
over 5 years, and helped boost my score.
Only DX this year was Puerto Rico and England.  Weakly heard a call with a 2
ending with L that I assume was OM2VL calling.  EU Prop not there on any band.
Worked all states except ND ans missed NT for 56 mults.
I had extra letters other than SEQUOIA that I don't know what word I'm supposed
to spell. The 1X1s were a nice touch!
Thanks to NCCC for arranging this, and for John K6MM for speaking to our Club
about CQP.  Thanks to everyone for the Q's, especially all those VE3's.

Rig TS-590SG with SDRPlay as panadapter
Amp: Ameritron AL-811H  400W
Ants:   80m sloping dipole
        40m inv vee