[SCCC] NA Sprint RTTY - SCCC Teams

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 00:59:22 EDT 2020

NE6I wrote:
>suggestion was made that I thought was pretty funny. Team name could have
been SCCC Not! Hi hi

Watch it there, Dennis. .or I'll not pay my $100 yearly dues to SCCC!!!   I
did live in SCCC Territory for 2 1/2 years while working at the Nichols
Institute of  Quest Diagnostics in the Ortega Canyon (San Juan Capistrano)
and did enjoy a couple or three SCCC meetings.  I recall one meeting in
particular, for which K6LL came over for a breakfast talk on ARRL
Sweepstakes strategy.

As for the RTTY Sprint:  I did get on and here is the (rather pathetic)
result:

Station: N6ZFO
Class: SOHP

Time: ~2 hours

Band    Q's
14        20
 7         29
3.5       21
Tot        70    x     23 mults  = 1610

With the low RTTY rate, I was able to grab some contacts in the
Scandinavian Activity Contest, where I'll return later tonight to catch a
few more Q's at Eu sunrise.

We did get a couple teams in NCCC. . . had there been three on the SCCC
team I might have opted out and filled the tenth position on NCCC #2, but
did feel committed to support SCCC on this one.

73 Bill n6zfo