[SCCC] Maine QSO Party question

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:13:07 EDT 2020

So, I'm into the State QSO Party Challenge, though I heard about it late in
the year. I'd like to work the Maine QSO Party this coming weekend and I
find the rules a bit curious. The part about multipliers reads:
.

> *Multipliers are the same for all participants: Use Maine counties (16),
> States (50), Canadian Provinces (14), and DXCC entities as multipliers. You
> may work any station once on each of the two modes, on each of the six
> contest bands.*

.
Multipliers are the same for all participants. Can that be?
.
With zero sunspots right now and with my attic dipoles, I'd be lucky to
work two Maine stations to "qualify" the Maine QP in the Challenge. What
happens when a CA station works the Maine QSO Party? Do you also work other
U.S. states, Canadian provinces, and other DX entities since they are also
multipliers? Is it sort of a free for all, but akin to the NAQP? I guess I
can work 2 CA stations "in the ME QSO  Party" and qualify for the
Challenge?! Hmm...
..
Or am I missing something?
.