[SCCC] tower climber

Dino Darling dino at kx6d.com
Thu Apr 15 22:32:55 EDT 2021

Are there antennas on it still?

________________________________
From: SCCC <sccc-bounces at contesting.com> on behalf of Drew Arnett <arnett.drew at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:15:34 PM
To: NA6MB Mike <na6mb.mike at gmail.com>
Cc: Southern Cal Contest Club <sccc at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SCCC] tower climber

Very true.  A tower guy recommendation is what I should have asked
for, not a climber.  Definitely nobody should climb this thing.  Looks
like the rust problem is at the bottom and so is limited so the crane
idea is a good and safe one.  It's on the back of the house
unfortunately so would need a crane large enough to go over the house.
(Not uncommon, but I haven't rented one myself.  I have used genie
lifts, but it's been a few years.)

And this isn't a tubular; it's a triangle 2 section nested tower.
Fairly small.  I should have measured the size of the section, but
it's definitely not bigger than rohn 25 and maybe a tad smaller.

Thanks,

Drew
n7da