[SCCC] tower climber

Drew Arnett arnett.drew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:47:42 EDT 2021

Yes the tower should not be saved.  Want to remove with first priority
human safety, 2nd the house it's attached to, and we'll let whatever
fall where it does.

Whether it's allowed to tip away from the house and just fall or if we
have a line on it to control the descent, the concern is that the base
can't kick and cause damage.  The corrosion is likely limited to the
very bottom.  The hinged base plate looks solid as well as the single
(no backup!) bolt that anchors that to the concrete base.  The hinge
pin looks solid.  The hinge might be solid on one side (must probe to
know!).  Same side one of the 3 tower legs looks (we don't bank on
looks) solid.  So, it might be safe to lower as is, but I'd much
rather crane it out or put a solid backup anchor in the ground at the
base to provide a safety.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Drew
n7da