[SCCC] Fwd: NAQP CW N6WT Single Op QRP

Kent Olsen kilo6dko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:06:45 EDT 2021

I went camping. The event was the SoCal SOTAFest. People were supposed to
hike to summits all over SoCal and make as many Summit 2 Summit contacts as
possible. I decided that I would also do the NAQP while I was camping on
Cerro Noroeste, W6/SC-001. It did not work out as I had planned. When I
arrived I suffered from altitude sickness and had a headache all weekend. I
did not feel like being on the radio at all. Using my KX3 @ 5 watts and an
end-fed random wire antenna @ 23 ft, I got on for a couple of hours and did
some S&P but not a lot of people could hear me. Sorry I could not do better
for SCCC Team #2!

Thanks
73
Kent