[SCCC] 10m contest

Drew Arnett arnett.drew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:23:53 EST 2021

So, the flux is a bit disappointing leading into the 10m contest this
coming weekend.  There's always some sporadic E, etc.  If it's a local
VHF like event, then I start thinking how I'd participate like a VHF
contest.  Drive to a high spot?  Rove?  (Rules arent as explicit as
I'd hope for.  You can work station once per mode, but seems like they
hope you stay in a 500m circle.)

Or combine it with a SOTA activation?  (Have to watch the self
spotting rule.  Prohibited for contesting, but not uncommon practice
for SOTA.  I don't myself, but I do announce plans ahead of time.  RBN
takes care of the rest.)

I'll mention the 10m contest on the SoCal SOTA list.  I'm sure the
SoCal SOTA folks would appreciate working SCCC folks and vice versa.

Would most SCCC folks be on horizontal polarization for the 10m
contest, or do a lot of you have a vertical?

Best regards,

Drew
n7da