[SCCC] VHF Antenna Switch

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Fri Dec 17 09:19:39 EST 2021

According to my old Transco catalog, Type N connectors are rated at  around
800 Watts at 144 MHz continuous, so switches with real-world ratings of 1.5
kW at 2m probably wouldn't use them.  Even the Bird pull-turn-push switches
aren't rated for KW+ power.   Transco's switches that handle higher power
(Types MX and DX relays) use Type SC connectors.  My catalog predates the
rise of the 7/8 DIN connector, but look for anyone who makes RF switches
using those.

Another possibility is to contact DX Engineering about their DXE-RR8B-SD
remote antenna switch.  It's rated for 5 kW at 50 MHz, so it may hold up
well on 2m.  It does use UHF connectors, but maybe they would build one with
N's.  Can't hurt to ask.

73,

Marty N6VI