[SCCC] K7ACZ ARRL DX CW 2021 Contest

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Mon Feb 22 19:33:41 EST 2021

2021 ARRL CW DX Contest K7ACZ

(yes, I live just within the SCCC boundaries)

Raw Score: 480 Qpts x 56 Mults = 26,880

CONTEST: ARRL-DX-CW
LOCATION: NV
CALLSIGN: K7ACZ
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
EMAIL: k7acz at cox.net <mailto:k7acz at cox.net>
CATEGORY-BAND: 20M
CATEGORY-MODE: CW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 26880
CREATED-BY: WRITELOG V12.54A
NAME: ALAN ZACK
ADDRESS-CITY: HENDERSON
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: NV
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 89002
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: USA
CLUB: Southern California Contest Club
OPERATORS: K7ACZ
SOAPBOX: Operating Cond: Icom IC-7610, F12 C3SS yagi at 80 ft
SOAPBOX: I have to call this contest listening to the eastern USA
working EU.
SOAPBOX: Few EU stations heard compared to previous years. Some
Northern EU
SOAPBOX: stations had a weird flutter making more difficult to copy.
SOAPBOX: I could hear Eastern USA work EU but cud not hear the
stations they worked returning their calls.
SOAPBOX: In the afternoons props switched to AS/OC. Some of the usual
stations
SOAPBOX: were not heard. Only one DU, HS in the log. The usual JA's, a
couple
SOAPBOX: of HL, no YB, T8, KH0, VK. But ZL came thru good.
SOAPBOX: This contest was like a box of chocolates,
SOAPBOX: you never know what DX you're gonna get.

NOTE: Worked 20 mtr single band only as since getting older can't do
an all nighter on all bands as before. Maybe will for the upcoming SSB
Contest.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
http://www.qrz.com/db/K7ACZ
 <http://gocoastguard.com/> http://gocoastguard.com
 <http://www.uscgradio.net/> http://www.uscgradio.net
 <http://www.comm-one.club/> http://www.comm-one.club