[SCCC] January VHF

Drew Arnett arnett.drew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:19:59 EST 2021

When not working on a portable contest HF station, I like to play in
some other events.  Starting to think about my plans for the January
VHF.  Due to being in SoCal, any real WX will cancel any of my plans.
:-)

I pinged the AZ VHF contingent to find out if a shot east should be on
my rove schedule.  One of the guys there mentioned that the AZ SOTA
folks plan on activating 10 or more peaks on Sunday morning with FM
HTs + some SSB.

I passed that tidbit of news on to the SoCal SOTA folks.  They like to
work summit-to-summit of course.  We shouldn't let AZ get too much of
a leg up on the January VHF contest.  :-)

Last year I found out that the AZ VHF crowd wishes we'd point east
more often.  There are some really capable stations there.  Most of my
QSOs with them last June were easy.

Best regards,

Drew
n7da