[SCCC] Powerline Noise?

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 00:57:53 EDT 2021

It's very difficult to track down impulse noise by listening on HF.  If it
is an arc in the power distribution system, a much better way is to search
at VHF with a directional antenna.  If you can find a small 2M yagi, and
find a 2M rig that receives on AM mode, that's the way to go.  I use my old
TM-261A mobile rig, and the rear 4 elements of an old 11 el 2M beam.  You
mentioned peaks being evenly spaced at 25 KHz. That is not really typical of
powerline interference.  Usually it is pretty flat across a wide bandwidth.

Here's a pretty good tutorial:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj8lauap5HxAhWR4J4KHVapDIIQFjAAegQIBRAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Faudiosystemsgroup.com%2FKillingReceiveNoise.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3kfp_-G1DZ3v7HdawT4zyj

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ