[SCCC] Sears Amateur Radio Catalog

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 15 14:38:46 EDT 2021

Steve - wow, ya!  Amazing that Sears would have had THAT much stuff.
Although this catalog pre-dates my entry into ham radio by 20+ years, the
names are pretty much all familiar.  I had a Heathkit crystal-controlled
transmitter, and an RME-6900 receiver when I was a novice - and that was
unusual.  Got a good deal on a used one.  But otherwise I would have had
Heathkit, or (if $$ were available Hammarlund).  And then, of course, I was
always lusting after Hallicrafters equipment.  A ham friend of mine had the
HT-32 Xmtr and SX-101 Rcvr:  now THAT was a station!!  Another friend had a
Johnson Viking II plus an SX-101, AND a TA-33 beam.  When I saw all of that
and witnessed how well it worked, I was HOOKED for life!

I know this is making me sound terribly old (I'm 73 - "the best number
ever," according to Sheldon on 'The Big Bang Theory').  But hey, I started
into this when I was 15 years old, and I still enjoy it every day!

Tnx for that wonderful piece of history!
73 - Jim K6ZH