[SCCC] CQWW SSB WA7BNM SOSB20 LP

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Mon Nov 1 13:40:18 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: S.Calif

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  214    30       73
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Didn't decide until the last minute whether to be SOSB15 or SOSB20, but decided
to do 20m one more year. Although the band was quite noisy, improved solar flux
resulted in QSOs I would have never imagined in a DX contest with 100 watts.
Heard and worked A7 and FR before the assisted hordes descended on them. I
usually struggle to find Zone 2 in this contest, but had worked three of them by
the time I QRTed Friday night. On the other hand, never managed to work any of
the zone 20 countries I heard on Saturday.

Rig: Icom IC-7610 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft fixed SE

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)