[SCCC] Off Topic - ATT Uverse Modem RFI Query

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:03:38 EST 2021

At least 5 years ago I heard from several ham friends that they tried to
use ATT Uverse service andctgatvthe Modem (Modem/Router) units would put
out RFI signals that would interfere with their HF receivers.

Has anything changed with that scenario. I just had a ATT agent tell me
that one could use their own supplied modem if the ATT models were a
problem....huh?!

Are any of you serious HF OPs/Contesters using ATT Uverse and what is your
experience in the HF RFI realm.

Also do you trash the ATT Uverse modem with close by antennas transmitting
high power like 500 to 1500 watts out?

73 Dennis N6KI 8