[SCCC] WN6K - 2021 ARRL SSB Sweepstakes

Cox wn6k at cox.net
Mon Nov 22 19:49:47 EST 2021

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG

------------
 160:    0
  80:   11
  40:  213
  20:  354
  15:  151
  10:    0
------------

No Book Reading.  This was all that I expected (and then some) I missed NL & SBar

Many times I heard “…Thanks for SDG (late in the game) ….” So that was the incentive to keep going a bit longer on Sunday.

Sundays are the time one goes to begging “I’ll work anyone - you don’t need be in the contest - I’ll walk you through what I need….”  As a result I had quite a few ‘#1 A’ contacts and eventually regular contesters would find me.

K7UAZ was my last contact and I pulled the plug with 8 minutes left. (I dropped $100k there sending my eldest to the desert for 4 years and the Engineering Building with a tower on top was the first thing I spotted from the parking lot so I figured Wildcats were fine with me)

Everything worked well and all these years of NOT being able to record messages (on the fly or otherwise) was solved (don’t know exactly how) so SSB contests are different ( and fun again )

WN6K, Paul
SO1R - Single Op 1 Recording

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. "

Mitch Hedberg