[SCCC] SCCCORE April Edition Now Available

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Fri Apr 1 19:17:16 EDT 2022

Right. I took over publishing the club bulletin from Tree effective with the
May-June, 1982 issue, which, coincidentally, was the first time the bulletin
was called SCCCORE. We tried out several bulletin names but eventually voted
to go with SCCCORE. Since I didn't have a computer back in those days, I
enlisted a friend across town (WA6UZD) and we used his computer.

In mid-1984, Tree moved to Oregon and for lack of any other volunteer, yours
truly took over as interim club President. Bulletin editor duties then moved
to Ski, N6ADI (SK).

So yes, Tree twisted my arm MORE THAN ONCE back in those days! And by the
way, it was also he that called me one day early in the club's history to
invite me to join the SCCC. I wasn't even aware of its existence before
that!

--Dennis NE6I