[SCCC] 2022 International DX Convention Cancelled

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Mon Jan 24 16:58:55 EST 2022

In regards to the 2022 IDXC being cancelled I wonder if anyone has
ideas on how to receive airlines credits, vouchers, or refunds.

Every year I fly RT Las Vegas/Fresno/Las Vegas for a four day trip to
Visalia for the IDXC on Allegiant Airlines.
I had purchased RT tickets for the prior year 2021 IDXC that was
canceled. Allegiant airlines issued me a voucher for $172.00 when I
cancelled my 2021 reservation. I used this voucher towards the
purchase of my 2022 RT tickets. Now they are telling me I cannot
extend or have this $172 voucher reissued as it is only good for one
year. I will lose this $172 when I finalize cancelling the trip this
year. As I had to cancel the trip due to COVID does anyone know of any
way I can have this voucher renewed or extended. I know they won't
issue a cash refund but extending my credit voucher from the 2021 trip
cancellation seems reasonable so I can use it for my 2023 trip.
Any ideas? No, I did not have travel insurance. My Bad.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
http://www.qrz.com/db/K7ACZ
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.club