[SCCC] WPX CW NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB HP

marko.n5zo at gmail.com marko.n5zo at gmail.com
Mon May 30 19:11:09 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:    5
   80:   99
   40:  721
   20: 1154
   15:  663
   10:   27
------------

This is one of the just couple worldwide contests I usually try participate
seriously from my mostly domestic contest-built home station during the year
(other one being IARU contest in July).  Conditions on 2nd day especially
were quite miserable, so it was good thing that I front loaded my operating
time by operating 24 hours of first 25 hours.  Pt/QSO is quite low at just
2.1 and especially low on 15 where I could not get well to either Europe or
JA.  So lots of US 1 pointers on all bands in my log.  But it actually is
the reason why I like to participate this one and IARU contest as we can
still have lots of fun logging everyone for something.  Not too much of
2BSIQ here due to need to copy varying exchange with low signal levels from
many stations especially during 2nd day, but those couple hours I felt 2BSIQ
was productive were best times.  Also working spotted mults from bandmap was
not very productive on Sunday due to absorbed signals levels both on my RX
and TX.  Good race on contestonlinescore.com with Arizona superstation ND7K
where I was also operating this contest last year in M/M.  I have some less
elements here but was able to keep the pace until about 19z second day but
by then I had already eaten most of my operating time and was left behind.
Nevertheless score is about same as my previous best claimed score from this
station in 2015 and conditions were not quite as good I think.  Will have to
see after log checking if this is new personal best from this QTH.  Thanks
for the party and QSOs everyone de Marko N5ZO