[SCCC] Possible South Africa (Zone 38) CW CQWW DX Contest Expedition

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 01:09:06 EDT 2022

Anybody interested in going to South Africa in November for the CQWW CW DX
Contest?

At this point, three SCCC members are planning to go. The idea is to set up
some of ZS6EZ's towers and antennas on his new ZS6Z hilltop contest site,
operate multi-multi in the CW DX Contest, leave the towers and antennas up,
and then possibly do some wildlife viewing at places like Kruger National
Park. The ZS6Z location is north of Pretoria.

Inquiries from possible additional participants are welcome.

1) We would fly to Johannesburg (JNB) around November 18 -19.

2) There would be something like a week's work, putting one or more towers
up on existing bases, and installing some antennas and three or four
stations. This would be like a large Field Day installation.

3) We would operate the CQWW CW Contest on Saturday and Sunday, November 26
and 27.

4) After the contest, some of us will look at wildlife. Kruger National
Park, a park the size of Massachusetts, has plenty of mammals and birds.

If by chance, you are somehow interested in participating in the setup, but
are not a CW operator, please inquire.

Anyone interested in learning more?

73,

Dick, N6AA