[SCCC] Fw: N6W Special Event Station

Richard Norton richardjnorton at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 13:15:02 EST 2023

INVITATION FOR CALIFORNIA, NEVADA, ARIZONA AND UTAH OPERATORS

Hello,

We are looking foroperators to activate the Special Event callsign N6W as part of theWorld Radiosport Team Championship (WRTC) World Wide AwardActivities. The Award Activities program is organized by the ItalianWRTC Organizing Committee and is intended to publicize the actualWRTC competition which will be held in Italy in July. Approximately40 special event stations will be active worldwide from 00:00Z onJanuary 1 through 23:59Z on January 31, 2023. Most will use the“WRTC” suffix (e.g., E2WRTC from Thailand or LZ0WRTC fromBulgaria); we in the USA will be using the ten 1x1 callsigns N0Wthrough N9W. The Italians are offering lots of awards to stationsworking the Special Event callsigns, so the pileups should be large! You can find info about the Awards Program here:https://www.wrtc2022.it/en/wrtc-2023-award-31.asp

The callsign N6W hasbeen reserved for stations operating from within the WRTC’s “NA9”selection area. NA9 is that part of North America comprised of thestates of CA, AZ, NV and UT. Activity will be on CW and SSB on the80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m bands. These are the same modes/bandswhich the WRTC teams will use during the actual competition in July.

The more stations wecan get on the air in January using N6W the better, so if you’dlike to join in the fun and experience the pileups, please sign up asan operator yourself and also pass along this invitation to yourfriends and clubs located within the NA9 area. All one needs to doto sign up is send an email to w6oat at sbcglobal.netsaying you’d like to be an N6W operator and include an emailaddress to which I can send you additional information.

The Italians requirethat all QSOs made with the special events callsigns be uploaded inreal time to their online scoreboard. For the QSOs you make as N6W,that means you’ll need to have an active internet connection,usually be running the N1MM logging program, and have a valid emailaddress listed on your QRZ.com web page. I’ll send all the detailsabout how this works to everyone who signs up to be an operator. What this means, though, is all you’ll have to do is concentrate onmaking QSOs. You will not need to worry about QSLing for any of thecontacts you make or even fooling with logs after you end youroperating session. This will be a lot of fun. I hope you will joinus in making N6W the most active of all the special event stationsworldwide!

73,

Rusty Epps, W6OAT

NA9 Coordinator