[SCCC] K0XP 2023 CQWW VHF

Terry Baxter n6cw at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 10:36:23 EDT 2023

Steve,

I feel your pain. And you beat my score by 1 point.

I was in and out during the contest. I have my Flex set up so I can
continuously monitor the frequencies between 50.000 and 50.350. I
never saw any beacons or any CW/SSB activity. I called many CW CQ's
but never got an answer. One local was on FT8 or FT4, I dont know
which, and occasionally he would work someone that I could see on the
screen. I dont have the WSJT program on my computer so I dont know who
he was or who he was working. At times I would call CQ on 50.095
during his listening time hoping he would see me on his monitor and
drop down and make a Q. Not.

Digital has killed CW and SSB. And DXCC.

Perhaps in contests, especially VHF, the scoring could have CW and SSB
count 10 times the digital points.

Terry/N6CW