[SCCC] 2023 ARRL DX SSB Contest

k7acz at cox.net k7acz at cox.net
Tue Mar 7 19:49:27 EST 2023

K7ACZ 2023 ARRL DX SSB Contest results for SCCC club scores

Call: K7ACZ
Operator(s): K7ACZ
Station: K7ACZ

Class: SO ALL BAND HI PWR
QTH:  HENDERSON (LAS VEGAS) NV
Icom IC-7610, AL1200 Amp, F-12 C-33 yagi at 50 ft

  160:      0         0
   80:       0         0
   40:     25       18
   20:     21       18
   15:     70       43
   10:   185       66
Totals: 301    145

Total: 301 QSO x 3=903 x 145 CTY= Total Score = 130935

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments: Surprised on big openings on 10 mtrs. 20 mtrs is normally my
hottest band but not this year. Signals not getting thru.
Missed my normal 20 mtr sunrise opening to EU. Almost no signals.
Couldn't even hear the big guns on the East Coast calling CQ.
Was not able to crank the tower to the full 85 ft due to high winds.
All contacts were with tower at 50 ft. Was not able to work 80/160
with tower at 50 ft as my slopers were too close to the ground.