[SCCC] W8GJK WPX SSB

Paul J paul.jenvey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:41:15 EDT 2023

Call: *W8GJK <https://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W8GJK>*
Operator(s): W8GJK <https://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W8GJK>
Station: W8GJK

Class: *SOAB LP*
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Location: USA
<https://3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=bOcmwzlvfisb&call=W8GJK>
Band QSOs
160:
80:
40:
20:
15:
10:
Total: *146* Prefixes *114* Total Score *32,148*

Club: [none]
Comments:     [email] <paul.jenvey%40gmail.com>     2023-03-27 03:03:46
A very memorable contest. I could not operate from home due to a last
minute trip, but I was able to set up a station in a tent with an IC-7300
to a telescopic 17' antenna that could be manually tuned for 10-20M. Ran
off of generator power and was able to find several hours over the weekend
to casually work S&P and show a couple people what radio contesting is all
about. One of them went on to take and pass the tech and general tests via
remote session, on a days notice, due to his background in electronics and
the desire to get involved in HF. Many contest Q's, a new general, and a
successful ISS pass on sunday afternoon made for a memorable weekend away
from home and has hopefully created a new contester.