[SCCC] ARRL Ethics and Elections Committee Actions Relevant to Proposed Bylaw 46 Changes

Jim Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 12 23:57:36 EST 2024

Fellow Contestors  I received the following e-mail this evening, and
didn't know whether to laugh, or to cry.  What a sorry state of affairs
our ARRL has become.  I don't know MS. McIntyre K6WX, or Mr. Ryan K0RM
or Mr. Luetzelschwab K9LA, but obviously they're operating in a medium
other than reality.  I will not try and understand their agenda, other
than what's apparently a concerted effort to remove our friend Dick
Norton N6AA from the ARRL Board of Directors.  (Of course, we all know
what a bully N6AA can be.  Kicking sand in our eyes. Making us cry.
Beating our butts in the CQ WW DX Contests year after year)

I'm obviously slightly biased as Dick has been a best friend since our
first meeting in September 1972.  Hmmm, that's coming up on 52 years.  I
would guess I know Dick Norton pretty well, and having observed his
comportment first-hand, at both work and radio over many years, I guess
Dick would be the least likely of my friends to intentionally make Ms.
McIntyre K6WX cry.
73,
Jim N6TJ
ARRL Life Member