[SCCC] K6NR CQ 160 SOHP

Dana Roode dana.roode at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:31:23 EST 2024

                   CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2024

Call: K6NR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 333  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 11  Total Score = 50,580

Conditions were decent on Friday night but signals from the east were
a good deal stronger on Saturday night with some amazing signals
heard. It was common to hear someone with a solid signal and call
them without success. I assume this is a combination of my not having
an optimum setup and them not having the best receive conditions.
Often I came back later, tried again, and found success. I came
across a few "alligators" as well that were not hearing anyone.

My best DX was CT9ABO; also worked 5 Caribbean stations, Mexico
Alaska, Hawaii, Korea and 5 JA stations. Kudos to these operators
who must have good ears/rx setups. Only full Eu signal I heard was a
YT5 who didn't hear me (no surprise).

I operated from Parks, Arizona using my 33' high inverted L in the
trees. Earlier in the day I added 4 1/4 wave radials on the forest
floor to the 4 1/8 wave and 15 1/16 wave radials already deployed.
Rig was an ICOM IC7610 with a KPA500 running about 400 watts.

Thanks for the QSOs, especially those of you that had to work at
pulling me out of the noise.  73,  Dana