[SCCC] W6VPH SK

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Thu Jul 4 13:57:49 EDT 2024

Mike,

Bud told me that he complained to the power company about line voltage
fluctuations at that QTH in the San Gabriel Valley, so they put a chart
recorder on his panel. Bud proceeded to make sure he ran his amplifier
really hard and frequently while the recorder was attached. When the
power company looked over the results, Bud got his own dedicated pole
transformer 🙂

Your description of his signal on 20 meters is consistent with the
stories he told me about that QTH.

73, Mike W4EF............