[SCCC] LotW question

Ryan Huggins KI6BTY at pm.me
Wed Jun 12 18:36:13 EDT 2024

I do not know of any, but there have been some lengthy emails floating around somewhere from last year/early this year.  I did find this youtube video of him talking for about two hours at Quartz Fest in Arizona this year.  The auto subtitles seem to be ok so far.  It's not the greatest recording though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8Xd9u9_pw

I also found this one from the San Diego DX Club.  This one was done in a room and has powerpoint slides.  The audio quality (and thus the auto captions) are likely to be better on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmxeAPmEzM

Dick will also be speaking at the Micro Expo on August 31 at Cal State Channel Islands.

I did find a PDF that goes into it to a point.  It's only 3 pages though, so just a sampling of his two-hour presentation that he usually does.  I've attached it to this email, which probably will be stripped by the server, but hopefully you will get it directly.

If you look on Groups.io for "RATPAC" and search their archives (you may need to be a member) for "Dick Norton" look for the thread entitled "Dick Norton Speaks Out".  That is where I got the PDF from and they have the text of it in the thread as well.

Hopefully those resources will help you.  There are also some tools out there that will transcribe a youtube video for you.  Just search "transcribe youtube video" to find a list of them.  I suggest using the indoor one from San Diego for this.  The other video was outdoors and has some wind noise.

Ryan

-73
Ryan, KI6BTY