[SD-User] SDI 2001

jim Martin jim Martin" <MM0BQI@theRSGB.net
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:27:44 +0100

Hi All
Just returned from EU92 complete with fractured shoulder which screwed up my
chances of doing well in the contest !  However it was great fun and plans
are already underway for next year. I have read  the mail regarding SDI in
the contest and have a few comments to add.  I purchased SD three years ago
and have been a strong supporter ever since, (I even pay my support money !)
Several situations worked against us this year and I feel they contributed
to the problems some of us experienced.

 Firstly the change in the list was not smooth.  Is everyone back on the
list that was here before  ? Things were very quiet before the contest is
this because some of us were not on the list ?  The list does not allow
certain words or phrases to be used (your message will not be posted) I feel
that Paul should let us know exactly what the current situation is.

I logged about 500 QSOs in SDI before the contest and reported four problems
to Paul which as always were quickly sorted out.  In the event the latest
version arrived too late to be tested properly so I suffered from about six
reboots during the contest.  I feel we all have a role to play in helping to
develop SD in the future.  Do we need  some form of organised testing of the
new releases and changes ?  I would certainly be happy to volunteer some
time for this.  It would be interesting to know how many users tried SDI out
seriously before the contest and what their results were.

SuperDuper is my contest logger of choice and I want to contribute to its
development and growth. The stronger and better SD gets the better my
chances of doing well with my contest entries !!

I also exported my 2500 QSOs from SDI and SDX from the GB5SI log to ShackLog
without a hitch.

Jim
MM0BQI

                                 *****    EU92  IOTA DXpedition   GB5SI  and