[SD-User] Re: SD and my new Notebook

ian fugler ian@g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:11:11 +0100

For what it's worth, I have loaded SD on to a number of PCs and laptops over
the years.  It works fine on all of them, although I had to do similar
things to that described by Sid (GM4SID), such as editing the CONFIG.SYS
files.

I have not found any PC better than a 486 (PCD-4LSX), which is now several
years old.  It is loaded with Windows 3.2.  I edited the AUTOEXEC.BAT file
so that it boots up in DOS (V5.00) and does not enter Windows unless
specifically instructed!  These old 486s are available very cheaply in my
experience.  It's not as quick as a Pentium, but it's fast enough to keep up
with any run rate that I have achieved.

Ian G4IIY