[SD-User] CW speed variations

p.brice-stevens@zeiss.co.uk p.brice-stevens@zeiss.co.uk
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 8:43:39 +0000

Hi all,

I thought this was a problem associated with running SD in a MS-DOS window rather than from a 'proper' DOS at the command prompt...I was under the impression that if you do run SD in the windows DOS box there are occasions when windows decides it could be doing something else with its resources and whizz's off to do a routine thus effecting the cW speed...I have never found this trouble when running from DOS prompt (start/shutdown/restart in DOS/cd to the SD directory and away you go)...remembering to run the calibrate command before getting going as well.

I'm sure I have seen this with problem other brands as well when running them in a windows MS-DOS box, thus suggesting it is a windows rather than SD problem....I think!
Hope this helps someone.
73

Paul
G0WAT