[SD-User] No Prefix

Neill Taylor ntaylor at breathemail.net
Thu Dec 4 20:19:45 EST 2003

Or why not just "5NN 14".  That should satisfy all callers and get that QSO
finished in double-quick time.  Or, in fact, we all know the exchange will
be 5NN 14, so "TU" should suffice.

For me, a QSO hasn't taken place unless the other guy has sent my callsign
(all of it).

Neill
G4HLX

>I wonder if it is more helpful to send 'G3 5NN 14' rather than 'RWL 5NN 14'
...snip...
From: "Richard W L Limebear" <Richard at g3rwl.demon.co.uk>
> > Listening to CQWW I couldn't help but notice a (to me) new culture in the
> > contest exchanges; slick operators in a "run" were only sending the suffix
> > of callsigns. e.g. not "G3RWL 5NN14" but "RWL 5NN14".
...snip...