[SD-User] SD in the Yeovil Fun Run

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Sun Mar 16 23:18:27 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Sergeant" <dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk>

> This week was the G-QRP sponsored Yeovil Fun Run. I was
> determined to use computer logging this year but could
> see the limitations in SD for this particular contest
> (further to my posting a few weeks ago about general
> purpose contest logging programs.

Dave raised a few interesting points, and I may be able
to offer a few suggestions that may be of further help.

> 3. The contest has four sessions on four seperate evenings
> and you can work stations again in each session. SD of
> course flags these as duplicates.

The thing to do, at the beginning of each session, is to use
the SETDUPE command - it has the effect of re-setting dupe
checking and ignoring earlier QSOs for this purpose.

> Tab gets me between the various fields, but if I needed to

The recomended way to do this is to use Enter from an empty
"exchange" field.  This will take to you the second character
of the RST field - ready to correct the received signal
strength.  Another Enter will take you back to the exchange
field.

> for instance it cleared all the QSO data when I tabbed
> through the callsign field (found out the hard way in the
> middle of a QSO!).

Thanks - that's a bug that I'll fix right away.

73,
Paul EI5DI