[SD-User] Scandinavian Activity Contest - CW

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Fri Sep 19 00:01:31 EDT 2003

This contest takes place from 1200 Saturday 20th September
to 1200 Sunday 21st September.  It's CW only.

Full rules at SM3CER's Contest Service
http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/text/sacnsc.txt

SD setup for European (non-Scandinavian) entrants.

Select Type 9 - General, Country Multipliers.
.CTY File          : SAC
Multipliers Count  : B (by band)
Points per QSO     : 1
Pts/Bonus          : 0 (multipliers)
Mode               : CW
Mixed-Mode Contest : N

Work Scandinavians only, 10 to 80 metres.
Send/Receive 599 + Serial.

If SD does not display a Country/Area as you enter
callsigns, then it's not a Scandinavian call.

Multipliers are Scandinavian Call Areas (not prefixes).

SD setup for DX (Non-European) entrants.

Select Type 9 - General, Country Multipliers.
.CTY File           : SAC
Multipliers Count   : B (by band)
Points per QSO      : 0 (variable)
Pts/Bonus           : 0 (multipliers)
Points vary by mode : N
            by band : Y
        by location : N
Points 10 metres    : 1
       15 metres    : 1
       20 metres    : 1
       40 metres    : 3
       80 metres    : 3
      160 metres    : 0 (no QSOs on 160)
Mode                : CW
Mixed-Mode Contest  : N

Work Scandinavians only, 10 to 80 metres.
Send/Receive 599 + Serial.

If SD does not display a Country/Area as you enter
callsigns, then it's not a Scandinavian call.

Multipliers are Scandinavian Call Areas (not prefixes).

SD setup for Scandinavian entrants.

Select Type 9 - General, Country Multipliers.
.CTY File           : DXCC
Multipliers Count   : B (by band)
Points per QSO      : 0 (variable)
Pts/Bonus           : 0 (multipliers)
Points vary by mode : N
            by band : N
        by location : Y
Points              : 2 2 3
     (own country, own continent, other continent)
     (some versions of SD ask for commas between
      points. If this does not work, use spaces)
Mode                : CW
Mixed-Mode Contest  : N

Work everyone, 10 to 80 metres.
Send/Receive 599 + Serial.

Multipliers are DXCC countries.

After the contest, use SDCHECK Option 1 to prepare your
.LOG Cabrillo entry.  Complete it, if necessary, with a
text editor.  Rename it as YOURCALL.LOG and attach it to
an email to sac at contesting.com by 31st October.

If necessary, I'll update SDCHECK to output correct
Cabrillo summary data for this contest - I haven't checked
it out yet.  So, don't be in a rush to send in your entry -
there's plenty of time!

73,
Paul EI5DI