[SD-User] Winkey and character spacing

G3ZSU g3zsu at btopenworld.com
Mon Dec 6 08:03:29 EST 2004

I couldn't agree more with you Paul.

I noticed that in CQWW - which I only played in - I often had to listen
through a callsign twice or sometimes 3 times before I was confident I had
good copy.  Now, I admit I'm not a good telegraphist, but I can usually copy
25 wpm with a reasonable level of accuracy.  I can't help feeling that
adding an extra half a space between characters in a callsign could actually
increase the run rate of the big sig stations rather than than this quest to
squeeze more characters into the smallest amount of time.  In CQWW in
particular there is a case for speeding up the exchange as you can pretty
much anticipate the zone.

73,

Shaun G3ZSU