[SD-User] Clearing files?

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Thu Feb 5 08:17:43 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vic Rosenthal" <vic at rakefet.com>

> Is there a quick way to clear out a file after logging
> some practice QSOs?

There will be - by the weekend.  I'm reinstating the ZAP
command, which I suspended recently.  Here's a preview
of some of the release notes for 10.12.

SD - ZAP command:
    The ZAP command has been reinstated.  It lets
    you delete the most recent QSO, and updates
    points and resets dupes and mults as necessary.
    DEL is an alternative to ZAP.

    Apart from using it to delete QSOs logged in
    error, it's useful for logging a few practice
    QSOs before the start of a contest, to check
    that everything is working OK. Then you can ZAP
    them (one at a time) before logging real QSOs.

> If not, can I just edit the .ALL file?

Yes - that's safe, so long as you delete one or more
(or all) QSOs at the end of the file.  SD will not
operate correctly if you delete QSOs other that at the
end of your log.

SD recaclulates points each time you re-load the .ALL
file.

73,
Paul EI5DI