[SD-User] Error 6 when using Super Partial Check (SPC)

Steve Rawlings steve at alg.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 21:48:46 EST 2004

Greetings from Chepstow.

My PC has developed a fault that only seems to show itself when I run
SD-DOS, and I wondered if anyone can help to pin down the cause.  I'm using
a 386 Toshiba Laptop, Model T1850.  There seem to be a number of steps
involving SPC that will trigger it, but here is one reliable scenario:

1) Start SD from DOS
2) Enter registered Callsign (gw4alg, in my case)
3) Enter Contest Name of TEST3
4) Contest Type = 2
5) Press <return> to accept defaults on the Callsign; Name; and Address
fields.
6) Enter C (for CQWW) and wait . . .
7) Enter MODE = CW
8) Press <return> to accept CQ Zone 14
9) Press <return> to accept Y, and go to the next page
10) Type GW4 into the callsign field
11) Press F12
12) I then observe 'Error 6 at pgm-ctr: 232536'
13) A PC re-start is now required to escape.

Any suggestions for resolving the problem would be most welcome.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG