[SD-User] N for 9 When Sending a Real Signal Report, etc.

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Mon Jan 5 22:32:15 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "charles Lewis" <s9ss160m at yahoo.com>

> I am using SDX to log and to send "canned" CW now.
> Most of my my sent RST's are not 599.  If not sending
> the default 599, the RST sent uses the number 9 for T9
> instead of the abbreviation N.  Is there a way to
> overcome this?

Not at the moment, but I'll add this to SDX, and the other
programs, for the next update.

> Is there any way to make SDX default to the previous
> RST sent?

I'll add this to SDX - probably with a command (RRST?)
to toggle the feature On and Off.

> Is there any way to obtain a few more CW memories?

Eight memories is the maximum, and that's unlikely to
change - maintenance is easier when all the programs
behave the same way, and there's little demand for
more memories for contesting or DXpeditions.

> The instructions imply that by changing a number in
> the config. file from zero to a given number of
> seconds of delay time one can set the program up for
> an automatically repeating CQ.

It's not implemented yet.  I started off to do it, but
got diverted - I'll have another attempt to finish it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

73,
Paul EI5DI